Talking Stock With The Doc

This Blog has been created for the purpose of sharing my ideas on investing on Bursa Malaysia using Technical Analysis. Stock market investing is a science & TA a scientific tool used by investment professionals. TA also has its sceptics but this is an oportunity for you to follow TA based investing ideas. So welcome to my blog and may you "Live Long And Prosper".

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Last Update: Iris & Versatile

This will be the last update on Iris & Versatile. Thats because these syndicated stocks are so heavily manipulated they are not easy to trade & because of this, TA may not have much value. Also I don't want to encourage trading in such stocks, as losses can be too great. The risk-reward ratio is not worth the trouble. So unless some very interesting Technicals form, I will not bother with these 2 stocks in my posts.

Iris - The fall today was below that of Monday. It is resting on the 1.00 support but selling was intense & volume very high. Next meaningful support is at 0.72. Daily & Weekly MACD & RSI are negative. The recent high also forms a Double Top. I would stay out of this stock unless you want to have a heart attack.


Versatile - Has also fallen below Monday's close. This stock tracks Iris because it is a substantial shareholder in Iris. Daily MACD & RSI negative. Weekly MACD is still positive but may not remain so for long. Weekly RSI is down. Next support is 0.55. I would also stay out of this stock.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 am, Blogger ccdev said...

doc, agree with statement. these damn stocks have to keep "eye" on all the time, scared to even go toilet with exposure to these stocks. In out in out, remisier benefit. I like to concentrate on stocks that need holding, either 1-3 weeks for Short term, or 6mths -1 year for longer play.

I aint no TA trader (starting to learn but so much to read), and i basically use FA but feel that if in 1 year can get 3 good stocks, that is worth the effort already (1 good enough is it's something like carotech!).

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger Dr. Siva said...

CCdev, I totally agree with you, but with TA I am sure you'll find at least 1 good stock a month

 

Post a Comment

<< Home